Saturday, 23 June 2012

Himalaya Herbals Neem Face Mask

I usually prefer herbal products when it comes to skin care. This time I grabbed this Neem Face mask by Himalaya Herbals and its been 2 weeks that I am using it. What caught my attention were the active ingredients; NEEM and TURMERIC.
Here are my thoughts about it.
I used it after cleansing my face in the afternoon. On an honest note, the first thing I noticed was the smell which wasn't very nice. It was a little too strong and smelled like some medicine from a "hakeem". Coming to the texture; it's rather thin. I would have liked if it was a bit thicker and yeah! Don't mind the color. After all, it's a herbal product.
After washing it away I noticed that the dry parts of my combination skin (around the lips,  forehead and temples) had gone streaky with dryness whereas the oily parts were cleansed and felt oil free. After the first use, I apply a very fine film on dry parts and generously on oily parts of my skin, this has solved the dryness issue.
After 2 weeks of use, I haven't felt a considerable decrease in acne but I see that my skin is fresher, even toned and brighter. I attribute this change to the neem and its antiseptic properties and brightness is of course brought about by turmeric and its cleansing properties.  I notice that my skin is less oilier which means it is regulating the oil production. I hope that will stop the acne. Since its just the 2nd week I may give a verdict after regular use. I use it on alternative days and I am happy with the results.
So far, its been a fair product and I am happy with its rejuvenating action on my skin.  I see myself using it all over the summer.

Over view: 
Product: Himalaya Herbals Neem Face Mask
Price: PKR 210
Pros: Refreshing, cleansing, antiseptic, brightening. 
Cons: Strong smell, Have to be cautious while using on combination skin. 

6 comments:

  1. Good detailed review. For PKR 200, I'd definitely try that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Petunia and share your thoughts with us. :)

      Delete
  2. This and Neutogena Acne clear masks are my THE favorite masks.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Guys ! Nice your post


    http://www.deliverathome.com/HIMALAYA-HERBAL

    ReplyDelete