Monday, 6 August 2012

Luscious Foundation Stick- Review & Swatches

Hello my beauties, Let's have a deep insight into a foundation widely reviewed by Pakistani Beauty bloggers but I thought to add my two pennies too and share my experience about it..
 Yes~~ I am talking about Luscious's Foundation Stick.

Luscious says: 
A revolutionary Brightening Cream Foundation infused with Licorice extract for a visibly fairer complexion, this ultra-smooth and lightweight formula provides a soft matte finish.
Designed for easy application and adjustable coverage, the creamy formula effortlessly glides across your skin for a long lasting, radiant result. Makes your skin feel pampered and velvety while covering dark areas and blemishes for a perfectly skin tone.
Dermatologist Tested
Suitable for all skin types, except extremely oily skin
I say: 
Starting with packaging, it's a sleek, metallic cylinder



I got Natural Beige for myself  and thankfully I made the right choice
Here are the swatches:
I have a combination skin with a larger part being oily and I am extra careful while trying a new foundation. Also, my skin has blemishes and marks from acne and pimples so I was excited to see if it would also rid me from applying concealer as it promises to hide blemishes and dark areas.
As mentioned, the foundation has a creamy texture but very light on skin with powder like matte finish, although you don't need to fix it with a powder but I apply my Rimme Stay Matte Pressed Powder on cheeks and T-zone and lightly dust it on the rest of the face, maybe just out of habit. ;)
I was not very happy with the blending capacity because despite of the creamy texture it took time in blending and got flaky on dry parts around the lips. Now, I apply my oil free moisturiser before applying it.
I found it gives medium coverage and would work as a concealer if you don't have very dark circles or your blemishes are light. For my DARK circles and acne/pimple scars, I had to resort to the concealer.
One swipe across the face is enough and you don't need to build it up if you are going for medium coverage.
It lasted for good 6 hours and only after that I realised I need to freshen it up, I'll call it a fair deal for working ladies.
So the bottomline: It would rock your dressing table if you have combination/normal skin with not-so-dark circles and light/medium blemishes here and there!! 

It is priced at PKR 850 which is pretty good for 9 grams of product especially because you don't need a lot of product for each use.

Have you used this foundation stick? You agree or disagree to what I had to say about it? Hit back with a comment, I love to read you all.
Cheers~


Overview: 
Brand:
Luscious
Product: Foundation Stick
Pros: Light weight, creamy texture but matte finish, medium coverage, best for normal skin, good for combination skin, wouldn't recommend it for oily skin, light concealing property for light/medium blemishes
Cons: Non hydrating, blending takes a bit of time, doesn't conceal dark blemishes/acne scars and real dark circles.
Price: PKR 850
Official Website: http://www.iloveluscious.com/ (They ship internationally too)

26 comments:

  1. wonderfull review. Im glad u choose right shade :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review. Thanks for commenting and following. I'm following you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really great review! I'm glad you picked the right shade!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a really interesting product! licorice? i have a darker spot though so sounds like it would not really work for me

    -Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dear, i followed you back :D

      -jessica
      http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

      Delete
  5. love this review, you are great! would you like following each other??
    xoxo
    eve

    ReplyDelete
  6. great Review! I enjoyed reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment!
    Maybe we follow each other !?
    Just let me know :)
    http://gvozdishe.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog )))

    http://www.catpuff-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you so much for visiting and the follow. i follow back :)
    http://www.excurlythoughts.com/2012/08/a-roll-in-haggue.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay...seriously? I need to get that foundation stick!! :0
    Great review, thanks for putting it up for us.
    Also, thanks for following me :)
    Count me as your newest follower!

    Enter to win a dress from Alainn Bella!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review. I like Luscious products. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shang J. Aren't we lucky to have such a brand in Pakistan?

      Delete
  12. Hi,
    We received your iFabbo application. However, on your application you left out your email address. Please email us at info@ifabbo.com.
    Thank you,
    Dinah
    iFabbo Intern

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi dear!
    I love youre blog, is amazing! I follow u!
    My name in GFC is: sexy_paige_cucu.

    Hope u follow back :) :) :)

    A lot of kisses.
    http://zapatodetacon.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great review! This foundation sounds perfect for me because I do have normal to combo skin with light blemishes and I prefer the consistency of a stick foundation! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am so glad u found the right foundation for u. :)

      Delete
  15. Great review, it sounds like I have the exact same skin type as you, I often get problems with annoying little dry patches, but the rest being oily > . < So annoying! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand that sunny.. my quest for my dream foundation is still on! :)

      Delete
  16. Great post... I feel very happy when i found any blogger like you work very hard on the review... very happy to get it... and from today i am following u.
    leaving my link so that you could find me too.

    www.mahrukhhayyat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for appreciation Mahrukh.It means a lot to me. :)
      I'll visit ur blog now. I'm sure it's wonderful. :)

      xoxo

      Delete