Monday, 26 November 2012

Pond’s Clear Balance- Smooth Pores Pore Tightening Facial Foam

With my extremely oily-extremely dry combination skin I am always on the lookout for skin care products since I am more for a healthy skin than makeup products and concealing.
As Pond's launched its Clear Balance range,. Smooth pores- Pore Tightening Facial wash with glacial clay looked the most intriguing!

         
                                                                                                                                                                                                 
I didn't expect it to make my pores disappear at all since only regular cleansing and proper skin care can do that but I expected it to make some difference... Hence, I picked it straightaway!!

Pond's says: 
Pond's introduces its advanced pore tightening facial foam with the power of unique glacial clay. With a unique blend of Alpine glacial water and highly absorbing clay, New Pond's Smooth Pores it deeply cleans pores to remove oil, dirt and makeup.
With its icy cool effect, it makes pores tighter, giving you clean and visibly minimized pores. Skin feels refreshingly clean and silky smooth.

I say: 
To start with, I love the faint scent of the product. It leaves a fresh cooling sensation on the face and after the very first wash you can see that the appearance of the pores has minimized, which of course is not permanent but good for a daily fresh start. It cleanses well and the skin feels lighter and cleaner. It lathers well and a lil goes a long way, also; the thick and creamy consistency saves the product from spilling and running away!
I have been using it for a month now. As you know I have a combination/oily skin, it cleansed my face thoroughly after the very first wash but it left my face tad a bit dry and I had to heavily moisturize it.  After using it regularly for a week, I felt that my skin was very-very oily. Upon researching about it, I came to know that the products which leave the oily face dry, trigger the skin's natural mechanism of producing oil to overcome the dryness, hence the skin goes extra oily. Upon knowing this, it's no more my daily facial wash but I use it around twice a week and I am happy about the reduced appearance of my pores. However, that was just my experience and the results might be different with people.
On a last note: It's cleansing and pore tightening but the pore tightening effect is only temporary. If you thought it to take away your pores forever, that's not happening. :) :(
Just a tip:  Never forget to moisturize your kin after cleansing. If your skin is oily, use a water based moisturizer!
Overview: 
Brand: Pond's
Product:  Smooth Pores Pore Tightening Facial Foam
Pros: Light, deep cleansing, pore tightening, pleasant smelling
Cons: Oil stripping (on me at least), tightening effect is only temporary
Price: PKR 240

That was all from my side.. have you used any facewash from Clear Balance range? How was your experience?
Drop down a comment. I love hearing from you. xoxo

15 comments:

  1. Oh I don't like products that dry up my skin! Even though its oily, won't try this one out! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is disappointing! I've never tried anything from them before.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so cute! Really excited to read your future blog posts, if you have a chance I'd love it if you could check mine out!
    confessionsofasightseer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also considering it now. Thanks for the thorough review. I have enlarged pores, and would love to reduce their appearance.
    Girlie Blog Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice thorough review.i have tried it and it doesnt work :( hey have u heard of avon mark need a shrink?what do u think abt it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't tried it yet honey. Sorry to know it didn't work for you.. :(

      Delete
  6. i was happy to read that it tight the pores but at the same time bit disappointed to read about dry skin effect.. i think we should use this in summer.. what do you say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right but even then I won't use it regularly. :)

      Delete
  7. I love the facewash range by ponds..i have used their no blackheads one but it was makin my skin dry..now i have switched to their regular one..its not drying :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a nice product *_* your blog is very good and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too have really oily skin and open pores always messes up my skin!And yeah very true these products have a temporary effect only!Love

    choose you own giveaway via voylla.com!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really don't like the tightening feel that some face washes leave.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmm I've been looking for a product like this for my face. Hopefully it'll work for me! Just followed your loveely blog(: I love the background! haha, it'd mean a lot if you could stop by my blog! Please feel free to follow if you like it<3
    xx,S

    http://classifiedcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this post ;)
    I like your blog,would You like to follow each other ? just let me know dear :)XO MP

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I just desired to give you quick thumbs up on your work, really fantastic blog!
    vine vera

    ReplyDelete